Target Marine is your certified organic supplier of premium white sturgeon raised in a sustainable environment. We grow our fish in a land based aquaculture system. Each sturgeon is raised in ideal growing conditions to ensure there is no stress on the animal. Each fish is indivdually handled with outmost care from egg to harvest. The water our strugeon are raised in is fresh clean ground water from the surrounding Tetrahedron mountain ranges. They are fed certified organic feed which contains NO antibiotics, growth hormones, pesticides or fertilizers.
- one of 26 sturgeon species found in fresh and coastal waters in the northern hemisphere, five of which live in Canada
- sturgeon flesh is firm and boneless, with a rich, high in omega 3 fat content that is delicately flavored and similar to tender chicken breast in texture
- Target Marine sturgeon is available dressed or bullets (head and fins off). To order your sturgeon, call us today at 604-885-4688
Interesting Sturgeon Facts
- sturgeon have been around for millions of years, a prehistoric survivor of the ice age, and the largest freshwater fish in the world
- some weight over 2,000 pounds! Ancient Romans believed sturgeon were an aphrodisiac and increased life expectancy
- Henry I of England declared sturgeon the "royal fish." King Edward II issued a decree that any sturgeon caught must first be offered to the throne